The Convento dell’Annunciata in Medole, was founded in 1455 thanks to a donation made to the Hermits of Saint Augustine of a small private church with a house and a vegetable garden. Over time, the importance of the convent increased to the extent that on 28th June 1543, Emperor Charles V visited the convent and gave the friars a lavish silver-bound breviary. Yet another illustrious visitor was St. Aloysius Gonzaga, who was very devoted to the miraculous image of the Virgin guarded by friars.
The Convent, situated on the border between Medole and Castel Goffredo, was the subject of a 160-year-long, often violent dispute between two branches of the Gonzaga family.
In 1783, during the reign of Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II, the convent was closed, and the property has since been handed down to its current owners.
In 1885, Giuseppe Sarto, the future Pope Pius X, visited the church and confirmed Francesco Ceni's authorisation to celebrate Mass there.
In 1994, the film director Rondalli from Ermanno Olmi’s “Ipotesi Cinema” group, shot “Quam Mirabilis” at the Convento dell’Annunciata. This medium-length film won a special mention for best acting at the “Molodist” festival in Kiev and the Dunkirk festival (1995), as well as a mention for the best director at the “Sulmona Cinema 94” festival and the judges’ special prize at the Messina film festival.